This is what I believe: we are all here to love as well as we can ... each other, all beings on the earth, the earth itself. We are here to evolve so that the barriers to loving fall away, so throughout our lives we love more boldly, with more clarity, with a deeper knowing that we are all one.
The psychological path and the spiritual path have become more and more integrated. One supports and facilitates the other.
We are all connected to each other, and to the earth, and to all of the creatures who live here with us. And also to the food we eat, the quality of our sleep, the laughter and relaxation in our lives, friendships, the activity our bodies experience, the sun, the water we drink ... really, it is all connected to how we feel. To our well being.
By supporting our body’s ability to heal itself, emotionally and physically, we can make great strides toward reaching a state of optimal well-being. And happiness!
This I know from my personal journey. My experience is the place from which I teach and work. I can't teach anyone something I haven't learned for myself.
Education, trainings and experience which are integrated to create my approach to teaching and healing work:
- Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology (licensed in Colorado)
- Meditation Teacher Training Institute with Tara Brach, Hugh Byrne, Pat Coffey, and Jonathan Foust (2 year program)
- Alchemical Alignment: Bodywork for Trauma Resolution and Embodiment of Spirit (Brigit Viksnins, MAT, RCST®, SEP, LMT, BCTMB, created her own bodywork method, Alchemical Alignment, based on Somatic Experiencing, Biodynamic Craniosacral Therapy, and myofascial massage therapy)
- Training in the Realization Process with Judith Blackstone, meditation teacher certificate
- Training in Care of the Energetic Core with Karen Custer, MSW
- Adjunct teacher with the Insight Meditation Community of Washington. (Courses include Awakening through Embodiment and Relationship, Mindful Relationships, and Relating Wisely to Sexual Desire. Co-leader of sangha for singles in the DC area.)
- Mentor with the Power of Awareness program through Sounds True (Jack Kornfield and Tara Brach)
- Course for therapists seeking to integrate mindfulness and meditation into their work with clients
- Facilitating peer group for therapists and bodyworkers on a spiritual path
- Silent meditation retreats